FIRE Damage Restoration
We are a qualified Licensed Florida State General Contractor.
There is a strong possibility that your damage is covered.
Call us today 1-800-376-2030 for a FREE Evaluation and Consultation
There is hardly anything more shocking than a fire in your home or business. According to the National Fire Protection Association, a fire occurs every 65 seconds. When the fire is out and the smoke clears, UNITED GBC Team is ready to help. It’s wrong to assume that since the fire is out that the damage has been done. Smoke and soot is very acidic. They will continue to do damage if they are not neutralized and removed as soon as possible. Also, the efforts used to put out the fire will have added hundreds of gallons of water, which will also continue to damage the structure and your personal possessions.
Our Recommended Steps for Fire Restoration
- Emergency Contact – you need a fire restoration company that can provide an immediate response. Call us at 800-376-2030.
- Assess the Damage – we will help you determine how far the fire and smoke traveled and what is the extent of the damage.
- Emergency Board Up – we will tarp roofs if needed, cover broken doors and windows to prevent further damage from the elements or vandalism.
- Clean Up –we do removal of smoke, soot, charred materials, and odors so that reconstruction can begin.
Classifications of Fires
There are several different types of fires and the materials that were combusted classify each type. Fire classifications are:
- A –materials such as wood, paper, or any material that leaves an ash
- B – flammable or combustible liquids including gasoline and oil
- C – electrical fires
- D – combustible metals
- K – involving cooking oils, animal fat, or grease
The important thing to understand is that each fire class requires a different cleaning method. Using the wrong method or cleaning product can cause even more irreversible damage to items that are being restored. Cleaning anything damaged by fire requires special skills and specific training. Fire Restoration specialists have the training necessary to understand the complexities involved in professional fire damage restoration.
Call us today at 1-800-376-2030
Smoke, Soot, and Odor Removal
What most general contractors can’t accomplish, we’re experts in removing. Smoke and soot are the by-products of incomplete combustion. Incompletely combusted substances produce odors. It is also possible that these remaining substances can be carcinogenic in nature and further threaten you and your family’s health and well-being. This is another reason why only trained professionals should perform fire restoration. Charred surfaces must be removed. Structural materials that show signs of significant fire damage must be removed and replaced. Simply sealing them will not eliminate odors. To eliminate odors, you have to remove the source of the odor, in this case, any fire damaged structural components. Smoke penetrates because in nature hot temperatures move toward cooler ones if they can. For this reason, smoke will penetrate into refrigerators and freezers, kitchen cabinets, or in between walls and into insulation. The odors of fire will never go away if the places where the smoke has penetrated are not exposed and treated. Fire Restoration technicians understand this and that is why we can be successful removing odors where non-professionals can’t. No matter how little or big your fire loss is, the specialists at Fire will have the ability to restore the your residence or business back to normal quickly. If you have any questions or would like to setup an appointment with our fire restoration specialists, please call us at 800-376-2030.
It may be very difficult to think about the devastating effects that a fire can cause to your home. Even very small fires can be a major danger to your family as well as cause extensive damage to your property. When you are faced with such an emergency trust our teams to respond to your emergency with experience and care in restoring your home and your life back to normal as soon as possible. We aim to secure your home and at the same time prevent any further deterioration and damage to your property. After the fire has been extinguished, we will prepare an inventory of the household contents where these items will be stored in a safe and controlled environment.
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation FREE ESTIMATE
Call today 954-652-1550 or Toll Free 1-800-376-2030
Our team specializes in the following services:
- Content cleaning
- Board-up services
- “Soot” Clean Up
- Removal of Smoke Odors
- Larger scale fires
- Kitchen fires
- Reconstruction after fire damage
- Structural damage
- Smoke damage
- Residential and Commercial properties
We aim to provide you with top rated professional services to assist you in the effects after a fire.
Fire damage is complex because it often also causes water and mold damage. In the case of a fire, if it is not doused using a fire extinguisher and with water instead, there is a chance of water damage and consequently even mold damage. Apart from these three types of damages, even the smoke and soot needs to be cleared out as it could cause lung damage. It is important to note that we are not first responders. In the case of fire, call your local emergency numbers and ensure the fire is taken care of. Our job begins after the fire has been doused and everybody has safely been escorted out by the first responders. A fire site can be difficult to clean so it is important for you to not venture into it on your own. The fire damage restoration is best left to professionals like us. It can also be an expensive affair as you could be looking at a variety of different damages so the more your insurance can cover, the better it is. The following are typically the steps involved in the fire damage restoration process:
- The first and most important step is to ensure that the fire has been safely doused and it is safe to enter the property.
- Once the fire has been doused, the insurance assessors will come in and take a look at the damage. You can expect them to click a lot of photos — the more, the better.
- Once the insurance assessors have cleared the area for restoration, we begin with boarding up and tarping all the broken windows and portions of the roof to prevent further damage.
- All your personal property is packed carefully and set aside to clear the area for restoration and reconstruction. Your belongings will be numbered carefully so they can be returned to you safely.
- If there is any water damage, we will proceed to extract the water and use our drying agents to clear the area.
- The items that were affected by the fire need to be removed and disposed of so they do not get in the way or affect the stability of the structure.
- Depending on how severe the fire was, the air ducts may need to be repaired or replaced.
- We then carry out a thorough cleanse and use smoke and odor removal products to clear the area.
- Once the area has been cleared of all smoke and all the unstable materials, we start off with the reconstruction work.
Call today 954-652-1550 or Toll Free 1-800-376-2030
We provide fast written estimates for FIRE damage repair throughout
Broward County, Palm Beach County and Miami Dade.
The cost of repairing fire damage may be slightly higher than the other types of damages, as a fire may involve all three types of damages. The cost depends on two things in particular. The first is the restoration company you decide to work with and the rates they charge — it may differ from company to company. The second is the extent of the damage. If it is only fire damage, the price may be less, but if it is fire, as well as water and mold damage restoration, the cost will be higher. Our job is simply to give you the best service possible and to give it to you at the best price possible.
It would be wise for you to have fire insurance coverage as it takes away the headache of finding funds immediately for the fire damage restoration.